sipura SPA-3000 users in Israel

Arie Skliarouk skliarie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 08:51:47 IST 2009

Hi,

I know it is not directly Linux related, but hey, I am using it with
Asterisk on Linux! ;-)

I have got an Sipura SPA-3000 VoIP adapter and want to use it with Bezeq for
calling out.
For some reason when I dial dialtones on the phone, Bezeq does not recognize
them properly and makes mistakes in recognizing them.

It is notable, that if during the call through the SPA-3000 I pick up
another phone connected to the same Bezeq line directly (using splitter),
and continue to dial the desired number on the SPA-3000 connected handset,
the dialed number is recognized properly by Bezeq.

I guess that the factory-default settings of SPA-3000 for dialtones is not
suitable for Israel. At the SIP-3000 I have following settings (not that I
am sure what they mean):

PSTN Line -> DTMF Tx Method: Auto
Regional->FXS Port Impedance: 600

Can someone suggest me the ways to make the SPA-3000 to dial out properly?

--
Arie