DNS is driving me crazy

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 17:14:17 IST 2009

I am using GoDaddy for domain registration and DNS and I don't seem
to be able to set up MX records correctly.

I'd like to have www.szabgab.com and szabgab.com to resolve to
s5.hostlocal.com while
mail.szabgab.com to resolve to  s6.hostlocal.com and that all mail sent to
@szabgab.com should be processed by   s6.hostlocal.com

The name resolving works fine but e-mails still go to s5 - the old server.

I used to have MX pointing to mail.szabgab.com but it did not work so
I changed it and
now if I download the zone file it looks like this:

www	3600	IN	CNAME	s5.hostlocal.com
szabgab.com	3600	IN	CNAME	s5.hostlocal.com

@	3600	IN	MX	10	s6.hostlocal.com.

Is that how it should be? With the trailing . on the MS record ?

dig   @ns44.domaincontrol.com szabgab.com MX

does not seem to show me any MX record

Gabor