xfone 018 phone service and Linux

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 04:12:57 IST 2009

2009/3/17 Yaron Zabary <yaron at aristo.tau.ac.il>:
>  The more interesting thing I do is use my Wifi capable E65 to dial using
> Fring with their account (this also makes my E65 a Skype terminal). I am
> still unable to make the Symbian SIP client use them. Also, I cannot accept
> calls via Fring (but I don't care, since I don't give this number to
> people).

Check your skype privacy settings if you use Fring+Skype, my
experience seems to indicate that they reset your privacy to "public"
(i.e. anyone can call/chat/add and generally spam you). I went back to
Skype Lite and now the iSkoot client provided by my mobile provider,
and the privecy setting reset seems to be gone (after a few weeks).

I still have to find a way to call SIP from E71, with any client. I
tried Fring, Gizmo and the built-in client. Should try again with the
new firmware I got last week.

Cheers,

--Amos