Last Days Reminder [was Re: [Telux] Next Meeting: "High-Level Programming Concepts Using Perl 6" on 22-March]

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Fri Mar 20 22:30:35 IST 2009

Hi all!

This is a last-days reminder that we will have Gabor's talk about Perl 6 next
Sunday on 22-March-2009. More information can be found in the quoted message
below. Attending the meeting is free and no registration is needed.

Gabor is going to give the second part of this presentation two weeks from
then.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

On Thursday 12 March 2009 12:24:27 Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> The Tel Aviv Open Source Club will host part one of a series of talks by
> Gabor Szabo ( http://www.szabgab.com/ ) about "High-Level Programming
> Concepts Using Perl 6" - on 22-March-2009.
>
> The meeting will take place at Tel Aviv University, at the Schreiber
> Maths&CS building, room 008 on 18:30. So mark your calendars. For more
> information can be found at:
>
> * http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/telux/
>
> * http://wiki.osdc.org.il/index.php/Tel_Aviv_Meeting_on_22_March_2009
>
> With any other problems, feel free to contact me:
>
> http://www.shlomifish.org/me/contact-me/
>
> Abstract:
> ---------
>
> High-level programming concepts using Perl 6
>
> A series of presentations on learning and using Perl 6 from the ground up
> to the special features.
>
> Many would think that Perl 6 is just a new version of Perl and that it
> might only be interesting for Perl programmers. However, Perl 6 is in fact
> a compiled language running on a virtual machine that embraces many new
> concepts not found in most programming languages.
>
> The presentations will be equally interesting for Perl, Java and C#
> programmers.
>
> During the series of talks we will start by learning the basics of the
> language and will get to various high level concepts. For now we plan 2
> sessions but if we need more time we'll schedule more meetings.
>
> Note
>
> After the talk we go to the café at the main entrance where we can continue
> the discussion. If people bring portable computers, we can get the off the
> ground on the spot. VirtualBox images will be provided with everything that
> is needed for playing with Perl 6 set up inside. So you may opt to bring a
> computer with VirtualBox installed.

> We are always looking for presentations on interesting topics. If you have
> an interesting idea for a talk, feel free to contact us and we'll
> co-ordinate a date.
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Shlomi Fish

Original Riddles - http://www.shlomifish.org/puzzles/