Hebrew FAQ

Aharon Schkolnik aschkolnik at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 10:19:57 IST 2009

On Tuesday 24 March 2009, Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:
> Aharon Schkolnik <aschkolnik at gmail.com> writes:
> > Actually, I meant to ask about setting up Hebrew using xorg.conf,
>
> Modern systems don't have xorg.conf - Xorg probes the system on
> startup, generates the necessary parameters, and "just works". I have
> 2 Fedora 10 computers with different video cards, etc. - neither has
> an xorg.conf.

Yes, you're right, but if you want to set up Hebrew keyboard at the X level,
you need a xorg.conf file. That's how I have done it in the past.

> You can generate the file using Xorg --configure or sth of the kind,
> and if you have it Xorg will use it. I did not feel the need.

I did that, but wasn't able to get the Hebrew keyboard stuff working.

--
  The day is short, and the work is great,    |  Aharon Schkolnik
  and the laborers are lazy, and the reward   |
  is great, and the Master of the house is    |  aschkolnik at gmail.com
  impatient. - Ethics Of The Fathers Ch. 2    |  054 3344135