I don't want to do it under Windows ; please help

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 22:59:37 IST 2009

Well, if all you want to do is draw some polygons with some text you can
e.g. use Inkscape.

If you feel like scripting your drawing you can easily do it with e.g.
PyCairo (or lots of other scripting language bindings to libcairo). Or use
Asymptote if that suits your application better.

If you want the diagram capabilities of dia you may export dia into one of
several formats that you may read into Inkscape to do the final polishing.

Regards,
Dov

See:

http://www.inkscape.org