[Telux] Next Meeting: "Introduction to Perl 6 - Part II" on 05-April-2009

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue Mar 24 23:12:10 IST 2009

Hi all!

The Tel Aviv Open Source Club will host the second part of a series of talks
by Gabor Szabo ( http://www.szabgab.com/ ) about "Introduction to Perl 6" - on
05-April-2009.

The meeting will take place at Tel Aviv University, at the Schreiber Maths&CS
building, room 008 on 18:30. So mark your calendars. For more information can
be found at:

* http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/telux/

* http://wiki.osdc.org.il/index.php/Tel_Aviv_Meeting_on_05_April_2009

Attendance is free and everyone are welcome.

With any other problems, feel free to contact me:

http://www.shlomifish.org/me/contact-me/

Abstract:
---------

Introduction to Perl 6.

A series of presentations on learning and using Perl 6 from the ground up to
the special features.

Many would think that Perl 6 is just a new version of Perl and that it might
only be interesting for Perl programmers. However, Perl 6 is in fact a
compiled language running on a virtual machine that embraces many new concepts
not found in most programming languages.

The presentations will be equally interesting for Perl, Java and C#
programmers.

During the series of talks we will start by learning the basics of the
language and will get to various high level concepts. For now we plan 2
sessions but if we need more time we'll schedule more meetings.

Note

After the talk we go to the café at the main entrance where we can continue
the discussion. If people bring portable computers, we can get the off the
ground on the spot. VirtualBox images will be provided with everything that is
needed for playing with Perl 6 set up inside. So you may opt to bring a
computer with VirtualBox installed.

----------

We are always looking for presentations on interesting topics. If you have an
interesting idea for a talk, feel free to contact us and we'll co-ordinate a
date.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      http://www.shlomifish.org/

<mauke>    I'm not interested in what you're doing; what are you trying to
           achieve?
<PerlJam>  mauke: I'm trying to achieve world peace and this regex is
           the last thing standing in my way! ;)