Hebrew Under crossover

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 10:39:32 IST 2009

2009/3/25 Aharon Schkolnik <aschkolnik at gmail.com>:
> I have managed to get MS word to work under crossover.
> I see that if I do :
>
> LC_ALL=he_IL.UTF-8 ~/cxoffice/bin/winword
>
> I can insert Hebrew.
>
> Is there a "right" way to set things up so I don't have to set LC_ALL and
> then run winword ?
>
> Ideally, I would just like to choose crossover from the KDE menu, and then
> choose winword from as the windows command, or even better, create an item
> on the KDE menu which will just run winword and have it work properly.
>
> If I set up my locale globally to be he_IL.UTF-8, will it screw up other
> things ?
>
> TIA.

Write a script that sets the local then opens the app.

#!/bin/bash
LC_ALL=he_IL.UTF-8 ~/cxoffice/bin/winword
wine /path/to/word

Are you implying that you have MS Word working with full Hebrew
document support (I don't care about interface language) in Crossover?
Which version of Crossover, with which version of MS Office? Have you
verified that Hebrew displays RTL and that you can type in Hebrew?
This has been a problem for as long as I remember, and the last
Crossover that I tried (v5) did not have full Hebrew document support.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il