Thermal Printers

Hetz Ben Hamo hetzbh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 11:27:59 IST 2009

I checked the Brother QL 550, and it's fully supported under Linux:
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/es/os/linux/linux_ql500550.html

It's also got a manual that you can download.

You do, however, need to write your custom program to print and use
the cutter though. I wrote a simple stuff in shell for that stuff few
years ago, but I don't have it anymore.

Hope this helps,
Hetz

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Noam Rathaus <noamr at beyondsecurity.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone have experience with Thermal Printers under Linux?
>
> I am specifically talking about those printers that are used to
> generate "stickers", such as:
> Samsung SRP350
> Brother QL550
>
> --
> Noam Rathaus
> CTO
> noamr at beyondsecurity.com
> http://www.beyondsecurity.com
>
> "Know that you are safe."
>
> Join Beyond Security in London
> at Infosecurity Europe, April 28-30, Booth M71

Skepticism is the lazy person's default position.
my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org