Linux Friendly Netbook?

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Mon May 4 10:21:35 IDT 2009

On May 4, 2009, at 8:54 AM, Oron Peled wrote:

This is getting complicated and I appologize in advance if I attribute
the wrong thing to the wrong person.

> On 04.05.2009 Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
>
> Even after this work is done, we will get VESA! No 3D acceleration.
> So, for the time being, it looks safer to go with the traditional
> Intel chipsets.
>
> However, I'm optimistic because the general situation in graphic
> chipsets
> is improving rapidly -- Intel works hard to get supported drivers into
> upstream kernel, and AMD/ATI are keeping their promises so far and
> add the missing pieces as well.

How about the Intel GMA 950? That has become the chipset of choice on
the 9 and 10 inch netbooks. Ubuntu supports mine (MSI Wind U100) right
out of the box, but how well I've never checked.

Thanks,

Geoff.

--
geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM