problem with xls files to read in open office

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue May 12 10:55:05 IDT 2009

> I am trying to view in open office calc xls files that were downloaded from
> orange web site bill4u. When I try to open it, it asks me which Character
> set to select. I tried a couple of character sets, but all I end up with is
> xml tags without the data that I need.
>
> First, I would like to know if someone has this problem too.
> Second, what character set should I use in order to view it properly.
>
> Thanks in advance

I would suggest either UTF-8 or cp-1255. If it is a xlsx file MSO 2007
then you might have to converti it to another format.

If you trust me with the bill you can send it to me offline and I will
test. I may be able to change the encoding or format if needed.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il