[HAIFUX LECTURE] gdb in Greater Depth

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Sun May 17 19:53:47 IDT 2009

On Monday, May 17th at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear Guy Keren's talk

   gdb in Greater Depth

(which is part II of Guy's double lecture)

Abstract

gdb is one of the more powerful tools that you have as a programmer in
the UNIX environment. The previous talk was an introduction to gdb and
how to get much more than you'd expect from it. This talk will deal with
advanced issues, such as macros and debugging multi-threaded programs.

Slides are available at http://www.haifux.org/lectures/211/

In the first meeting we covered everything up to the section titled
'Where Have My Source Files Gone?' in the slides. In the second meeting
we'll go over the rest (writing gdb macros, debugging multi-threaded
programs and debugging multi-process programs).

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future lectures:

25/5/09 OpenCL Overview: Ofer Rosenberg
1/6/09 Compiling Effectively for Cell with GCC: Revital Eres
15/6/09 Arduino - Open Source Hardware and a Viewport to Micro
Manufacturing: Amy Chayun
29/6/09 KSM and the art of memory mangement: Izik Eidus
27/7/09 How Time Flies: Jiffies, Hi-Res Timers and the Tickless Kernel:
Gilad Ben-Yossef

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il