Israeli spam! Who do I contact?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue May 19 12:06:50 IDT 2009

This is as much a note to myself for record keeping as to inform the list.

Just now a woman named Ayelet from I-Limudim called, she was
interested in knowing to which address the Israeli spam (email
advertising a paid service, from a company that I had never subscribed
to it's services or given my email address to voluntarily or
consciously). I let her know to which address the spam was sent, and I
requested that she send to me the date and IP address of the alleged
subscription. Ayelet refused to send the information via email as she
did not want to take the risk of "me being in her Outlook and getting
future unwanted mails". I suppose that is understandable considering
the circumstances, so I will wait 1-2 days for her reply.

I must also note that she asked why I did not unsubscribe from
previous mailings from the company. I stated that I did not
unsubscribe from previous mailings because I had no interest in ever
establishing communications with the company. As the previous mailings
were not illegal in nature (did not advertise paid services) I simply
deleted them along with the thousands of other spam mail that I
receive.

Ayalet also offered me alternative compensation in the form of two
tickets to some event. I stressed that my intention is not
compensation, therefore the tickets do not interest me.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il