ubuntu is starting to annoy me

Erez D erez0001 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 12:40:23 IDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 12:31 PM, geoffrey mendelson <
geoffreymendelson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 19, 2009, at 12:22 PM, Erez D wrote:
>
>  hi
>>
>> too much of ubuntu needs human interventions,
>> some configurations are only possible under interactive gui
>>
>> is ubuntu getting more and more similiar to microsoft ?
>>

> Wait. things that make me unhappy with Ubuntu: (9.04)
>
> My DVD drive stopped reading disks, any DVD/CD, anything at all.
>
> After 3 days of running it can not make a connection to the outisde world.
> I have to reboot to get it to work. Other computers runing Ubuntu have the
> same problem, 3 days after they were booted, but ones running other
> operating systems don't.
>

> The Gnome GUI only works with a few X servers, OSX's not being one of them.
> There used to be a hack to get it to work, but with the OSX 10.5.7 upgrade
> that no longer works. KDE, etc work fine.
>
> While it's nice to be GPL software only, and I can agree with not playing
> encrypted DVDs, OSX 10.5 won't work with netatalk unless the BSD licensed
> encryption routines are included in the build. So why include Netatalk at
> all? The same with SENDMAIL.
>
> Geoff.

i didn't even mension the other problems i had
sound stopped working.

X is not listening to TCP connections. There is no config option to enable
it - to change that i had to edit a ubuntu script. this script is overridden
on update ...

and many more ...