Ditching ubuntu

Leonid Podolny leonidp.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 20 17:19:00 IDT 2009

Meir Michanie wrote:
> Hi List,
> I decided to move to fedora after using ubuntu for years, under the pressure
> to resolve freeze issues in two different boxes on ubuntu 8.04 and ubuntu
> 9.04.

I think that this way of solving problems is wrong. I have made the same
mistake way too many times. Configuration issues is a wrong reason to
change distros. (For comparison, "this green chameleon artwork is so
cool!" counts as a right reason).
The main reason is that I have never seen an ideal distribution. The
fact of life is that Fedora have its own set of annoying problems. If,
by some amazing coincidence, all your hardware will work out of the box,
than it will break during the next update.
<flamebait> Saying all that, the decision of ditching ubuntu is a right
one. Ubuntu sucks, and Fedora is a second-best distribution. </flamebait>