Please Benchmark the Multi-threaded version of Freecell Solver

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Thu May 21 12:19:35 IDT 2009

On Thursday 21 May 2009 11:42:37 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I recently created a thread-enabled version of Freecell Solver, that uses
> > several solver instances in separate threads. I'd like to get some
> > indication of the performance of the solver with different number of
> > threads on different machines. The instructions can be found below.
>
> Do you still need this benchmarked?

The more people test and benchmark it - the better. Just use
freecell-solver-2.28.1.tar.bz from here:

http://fc-solve.berlios.de/download.html

I already got some useful input:

1. The Ubuntu CMake problem.

2. The fact that running strip (without > /dev/null) emitted too much
confusing output.

3. A problem loading the run-time configuration presets (now handled in the
script).

4. A crash when running it on x86-64 machines. (Due to a bug).

So this call-for-volunteers was worth it.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

read.