Dual screens / keyboard layout

sara fink sara.fink at gmail.com
Thu May 21 13:38:38 IDT 2009

Which graphic card you use for the 2nd monitor. I ask because there are
specific tools that deal with these resolutions for nvidia, ati etc.

I couldn't find so far a script that runs when the 2nd screen is plugged. As
far as I know, xorg.conf does this. My logic says that a fork should be
created. you can check with the command pstree.
http://www.linfo.org/pstree.html

Other way to check if there is a script that runs is to use the following
command when you are at /
grep -ri <expression> *

This will look recursively through all the file system and find if there is
such a script.