laptop graphic card

Kfir Lavi lavi.kfir at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 18:53:12 IST 2009

Hi all,
Me and my wife are in the end of our bicycle trip in west europe. (
www.underadometent.com)
We are now in Spain and would like to buy here a laptop for my wife. I´ll
put on it Debian SID. She will use Gnome, Fluxbox or KDE.
It is mainly for internet, wifi, office, movies... Regular.
We will buy it here because we will get 10% back as tax return. I think it
is a very good price.
The prices here are around 500-600 euros for: 4gb, 320-500gb hd, 15.6 hd led
screen, G or Draft-N wifi.
The only thing that had differance where the graphic cards.
Some are shared memory and some are dedicated.
One laptop that I put my eye on is a Packard Bell tj65 with Nvidia G-Force
240m with 1GB dedicated (600 euros).
Now my questions are:
1. Will we notice a differance between shered and non shered graphic card?
2. What are the catches I should look for? I would like the computer to go
to sleep and Hibernate.
3. CPU T4xxx T5xxx . Will it make a differance what is picked? The T5xxx is
with 2gb cache.

I will load Knoppix cd that I carried with me all the way (it was 2500m up
in the alps) ;-) To do some checking. So if you can advice what to check it
will be great.
We are still on the trip, and internet is scarce. So I will not be able to
unswer promptly. Just in one or two days.

Regards,
Kfir