Desktop effects stopped working on Ubuntu 9.04

Ori Idan ori at helicontech.co.il
Tue Oct 13 19:14:07 IST 2009

I get the following output:

Checking for Xgl: not present.
xset q doesn't reveal the location of the log file. Using fallback
/var/log/Xorg.0.log
Detected PCI ID for VGA:
Checking for texture_from_pixmap: not present.
Trying again with indirect rendering:
Checking for texture_from_pixmap: present.
Checking for non power of two support: present.
Checking for Composite extension: present.
Checking screen 1Comparing resolution (1024x600) to maximum 3D texture size
(2048): Passed.
Checking for Software Rasterizer: present.
Software rasterizer detected, abortingaborting and using fallback:
/usr/bin/metacity

--
Ori Idan