1U IBM eServer xSeries 330

ik idokan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 12:23:46 IST 2009

Hello List,

I was given am IBM eServer xSeries 330 1U. I'm having problems working with
that sever.

When I connect a USB keyboard to it, it does not send any current to the
keyboard and does not accept any key strokes.
It claimed that the CMOS battery was not working, so I replaced it it still
had the problem with the keyboard. Does anyone here know how to make the USB
keyboard work with the server ?

And does anyone know where I can find a connector to it's unique DVI access
to provide me a normal DVI/VGA output (I can't find on ebay, maybe it has a
specific name that I do not know and can not find) ?

The rear end of the 1U can be seen here: http://ik.homelinux.org/ibm.jpg

Thanks,
Ido

http://ik.homelinux.org/