Current recommendations for Linux-compatible printer?

Omer Zak w1 at zak.co.il
Wed Oct 21 21:13:07 IST 2009

I got fed up with the ink-guzzling behavior of my Epson Stylus CX3200
and would like to buy a new printer.  And of course, it needs to be
fully supported by Linux.

Which manufacturers are OK today (for example, is Lexmark X2620,
currently offered in a sale by Bezeq, OK)?
Which printer/s available today would be the best buy?

My criteria are:
1. My printing needs are very low volume.  So the printer needs not to
be very fast.
2. When and if I do print colorful stuff, I need it to be of high
quality.
3. 100% Linux compatible (due to ideology, this should include also
features which I don't plan to use).
4. Color.
5. If applicable, economical in ink usage (for example, separate
cartridge for each color; and refillable by 3rd parties i.e. not
burdened by a chip).
6. Includes also scanner.  FAX is optional.
7. Does not have to be the lowest cost model.

                                       Thanks,
                                            --- Omer
--
Never let beliefs, God or Gods incite war and hatred among human beings.

I may be affiliated in any way.