Hebrew support on Android

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Sat Oct 31 21:52:36 IST 2009

cyril scetbon wrote:
> Could you paste it here in English ? Will it work with a Samsung
> Galaxy as it said it works with htc dream and G1 ?

I have had a Galaxy from Cellcom for a little while (for comparative
analysis - http://blog.shemesh.biz/?p=726), and did not manage to root
it (though I did not try too hard). In any case, the methods for rooting
the G1 (and G2) are different than the ones used for rooting the Galaxy,
so look at the appropriate forums.

And let me know if you succeed....

Then again, if you are trying to add Hebrew, then it is likely that you
are not using a Cellcom Galaxy, in which case the standard Galaxy
rooting techniques may still work.

Shachar

P.s.
Didn't like the Galaxy much. I thought its human interface (physical
buttons) were poorly thought out, and the unlocking was nothing short of
abysmal. It did have an excellent screen, with more vibrant colors than
the G2's (HTC Magic).

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.