Please recommend a web host in Israel

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue Sep 1 00:47:03 IDT 2009

On Monday 31 August 2009 15:54:46 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> A friend needs a web host for a small project. He will need a catchall
> email address, mysql, and PHP. He needs just a few MB of storage and
> not much transfer, but there should be options to increase should the
> project progress. He already has a domain name.
>
> Please recommend to me a web host. We have been looking at
> evolution.co.il so any comments (both good and bad) about that host
> would be appreciated. Thanks.

My web-sites is hosted on http://www.shlomifish.org/meta/hosting/
(eonspace.net). It's an operation of one or two people, which I can give the
details in private emails. I have mostly static HTML there (generated using
http://web-cpan.berlios.de/latemp/ and uploaded to the server using rsync) and
a few Perl CGI scripts. It is a few servers hosted in Netvision, and was able
to successfully sustain at least two Slashdot effects (one of them was thanks
to Dotan).

I'm happy with the hosting there. There were a few outages or other problems
(some of them due to my fault), but it has the advantage of being very
personal service. I can always reach my hostmaster using email, phone/mobile,
etc. and he'll investigate and remedy the problem I'm having. And the price is
cheap and affordable.

I should note that the new server supports much more than I'm utilising. They
are an up-to-date CentOS release with support for most modern stuff and web
technologies, and I'm getting a fully functional ssh access. I once installed
a Drupal instance there, but eventually I gave up on the idea of having the
Drupal-based site I had in mind (of no fault of the hosting service).

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish
Parody on "The Fountainhead" - http://shlom.in/towtf

read.