Please recommend a web host in Israel

Ori Berger linux-il at orib.net
Wed Sep 2 03:29:48 IDT 2009

Itay Donenhirsch wrote:

> hi folks,
> has anyone used vpslink.com? i got a recommendation for them but i was
> wondering about response times from israel.
> thanks
> Itay

Up until this week their response time from Israel was atrocious,
because they only had a farm in Seattle. As of this week, they offer
virtual hosting in New York as well, so it's probably just going to be
horrible, rather than atrocious. But their service works very well, and
they are very well connected within the US.

Disclosure: a satisfied user of vpslink in Seattle (They deliver
bandwidth, which I care about; latency, I care less about; I'll probably
switch to New York soon).

prgmr.com is a little cheaper than vpslink - you can get a 128MB xen VM
with reasonable CPU and great bandwidth for $6/month on a monthly basis
($4.5/month or so on a yearly basis), but they are even farther away
from Israel in San Jose. I like their slogan: "We don't assume you're
stupid". Haven't had a chance to use them so far, but heard good things
about them.

(Oh, and hi!)