Alsa Underrun problems with Skype

mbrace7forums at aim.com mbrace7forums at aim.com
Fri Sep 4 08:39:11 IDT 2009

When Skype sound gives the repeated sound breakup the console gives me the following:

RtApiAla: unerrun detected

RtApiAla: unerrun detected

RtApiAla: unerrun detected

I tried opening another port 60002 sometimes this occurs as the test call is happening.

I am sure that Geofrey Mendelson is right it's a Skype bug causing it.

One lead I saw was replace Alsa with esound. I don't know how to do that to be honest. I saw this on www.linuxquestions.org

Moshe