Alsa Underrun problems with Skype and Skype ALSA problem on Ubuntu jauntu

Lev Olshvang lolshva at 012.net.il
Fri Sep 4 10:46:27 IDT 2009

Hi Geoff,

Perhaps you know what is going wrong with Ununtu jaunty Skype - recently
I upgraded from ububtu 8.10 to 9.04  and although sound work well with
all non-skype applications the Skype complains that it have problem with
audio playback and capture device.

Strace shows the problem is :

ALSA lib pcm.c:2205:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi

And I saw in ubuntu forums that smbody  just installed skype build with
static oss bound,
but I woul dlike to stay with alsa model.