Mustek 1200CS not working

mbrace7forums at aim.com mbrace7forums at aim.com
Wed Sep 16 20:10:11 IDT 2009

Mustek 1200CS Bearpaw Scanner installation and running difficulties.

I received 2 scanners as a present one is Mustek 2400 Cu Plus and the above.

The 2400 both in Windows XP and Mandriva 2009.1 warnings tell me not connected or recognised even after trying different leads and USB sockets.

According to Sane both scanners are supported.

Regarding the 1200CS it shows up in the Mandriva Hardware Configure a Scanner Dialogue option (Graphic) Box.

I downloaded various files from Sane that are supposed to support them and copied them all to /usr/share/sane/gt68xx

A2Dfw.usb

A2fw.usb

ps1fw.usb

PS2Dfw2.usb

When opening XSane scanning programme I get the option to chose either the webcam or the Mustek Scanner.

Mustek BearPaw 1200 TA flatbed scanner [gt68xx:libusb:003:002]

After selection I get and pressing OK I get the following notification:

Failed to open device 'gt68xx:libusb:003:002': Invalid argument and below a Close button.

Any ideas

Moshe