Free SMS solution?

Hetz Ben Hamo hetzbh at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 12:22:52 IDT 2009

Hi and Shana Tova Sara,

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 9:24 AM, sara fink <sara.fink at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nadav solution of sms via orange doesn't work anymore due to captcha that
> orange put.

Yup, noticed that.

> There is a solution to send sms via icq protocol, but to israeli numbers.
> There are plenty of sites that send free sms via web interface.

I tried it using the ICQ method, but all I get is:
ERROR: failed to find icq_ln in login form...
I think thats happend due to the fact that icq are doing some
redirection and don't allow SMS via the web

> Just search google for free sms web.
>
> There are also a couple of firefox extensions but i haven't checked them
> yet. I also need to send these days sms abroad and will check them.

Thanks, but I'm looking for a solution that I can stick in the US
server (without firefox) and use/write a simple bash script to send
messages in case something happens to my server.

Thanks,
Hetz

--
Skepticism is the lazy person's default position.
my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org