sendmail smart host auth

Oron Peled oron at actcom.co.il
Wed Sep 23 08:07:07 IDT 2009

On Tuesday, 22 בSeptember 2009 12:35:50 Erez D wrote:
> i am using bezeqint as my relay host.
Me too.

> i edit my submit.cf and added:
> DSout.bezeqint.net
1. In the last 12 years I never touched a .cf file directly, always
   maintained the .mc files and generated the .cf files via m4.
   The default config provided by most distros (Fedora in my case)
   is pretty sane, so there is very little to change.

2. I always customized sendmail.mc and not submit.mc, but maybe
   it's because I'm using full sendmail as my mail-hub for my
   internal network. Maybe I should switch to ms-smp for my
   laptop as well.

> however i get "Relaying denied", so i need to add authentication.
> anybody knows how ?
Just did this last month (sorry, long url):
 http://life-with-linux.blogspot.com/2009/08/howto-sendmail-authentication-
against.html

> please do not reply "sendmail is bad, or switch to other MTA".
Sendmail is bad for some people. Switch the people ;-)

--
Oron Peled                                 Voice: +972-4-8228492
oron at actcom.co.il                  http://users.actcom.co.il/~oron