Haifux lecture on Yom Hasho'a?

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Fri Apr 2 10:08:30 IDT 2010

On Friday 02 April 2010 03:36:41 Eli Billauer wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> This message is relevant only for those who want to attend Haifux' next
> lecture about Genetic Algorithms.
>
> The Genetic Algorithm lecture is currently scheduled on April 12th. This
> happens to be Yom Hasho'a, or to be precise, the evening after the day
> of the ceremonies. So formally, there is nothing wrong with this date,
> but we wouldn't like to lose listeners because of this.
>
> The week following is Erev Yom Ha'azmauth, so the next possible date is
> April 26th.
>
> Haifux hasn't met for quite a while, so the dilemma is whether to
> postpone the lecture, and leave an even larger hole, or to run the
> lecture as scheduled, if the attendees are fine with it.
>
> So if you have serious intentions about attending, please cast your vote:
>
> http://www.doodle.com/qb9v7axc3ipi9xhe
>
> This would also be a good opportunity to remind you that we're open for
> suggestions on lectures in any subject which has some connection (even
> vague) with GNU, Linux or FOSS in general.
>
> Thanks and Hag Sameah (Pesach, that is).
>     Eli

Thank you for your message. I would like to attend this lecture, and the date
is no problem for me. I have not voted through Doodle, because I do not have
an account, and am not sure there is a reason for me to have one.

I do have another problem. Although you have not said where this meeting will
take place, I am assuming that it will be somewhere at the Technion. I
attended a meeting there a couple of years ago, but have not done so since,
because I do not have a permit to enter the area with my car, so must park at
the gate and walk in. This would not have been difficult some years ago, but
age has caught up with me, and the effort is just too much. If you can
suggest a way for me to get to the meeting place more conveniently, I will be
grateful, and will certainly attend.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on