Bituah Leumi site: call them!

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 14:06:53 IDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 19:44 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> The Bituah Leumi site does not work in Firefox:
> https://b2b.btl.gov.il/b2b/
>
> There is a phone number on that page. Call them next week! Let them
> know that not the whole world uses Windows!
>

> While you are at it, if you can figure out to whom to complain about
> this site, then let me know:
> https://www.shaam.gov.il/Shaam_internet/
>
> Thanks!

We're long past the talking stage.
IMHO, we (as in non-Window-using-community) need the following:
- Someone with (a lot? of) free time to galvanize the efforts.
- A hub. (Site, facebook, linked-in, etc)
- Money. (I'm willing to pledge 1K nis for the effort)
- A good attorney that handles supreme court cases.

In theory, (and sadly enough, without the man power to push it forward,
it'll remain a theory) the following steps should be taken:

- Setup a site that will be used as a hub to collect funds and
volunteers.
- Locate a good attorney.
- Select several high profile targets (gov.il comes to mind) and sue
them for say, price of Windows * 5% of all computers in IL. This should
get their attention.
- Speaking of attention, make a lot of noise about it in the press. News
papers usually dig under-dog-vs-government type of wars.

I'd do it myself, but I'm over-worked as it is :(

- Gilboa