Modern development environment on dated RHEL

Omer Zak w1 at zak.co.il
Tue Apr 27 10:24:56 IDT 2010

1. Is RHEL 4.7 still being supported by RedHat, and are security patches
still being made available?  If yes, when is this support due to end?

2. Do you wish to use the up-to-date tools only for development, or also
in software to be delivered to the customer and/or deployed in the
company's operations?

3. How about installing a VM in RHEL 4.7 and doing your development in
the virtual machine, using a more recent version?  This will at least
reduce the number of packages to be backported to RHEL 4.7 to those
which are needed for running the VM.

4. How difficult would it be to change company policy?

--
You haven't made an impact on the world before you caused a Debian
release to be named after Snufkin.

I may be affiliated in any way.