Playing TAU lectures from videos.tau.ac.il

Boris shtrasman borissh1983 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 18:40:58 IDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 5:56 PM, Elazar Leibovich <elazarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've took a look at wireshark in windows, there were two problems:
>
> 1) The referrer field is sent from WMP. I don't think it's being send from
> linux. I'm pretty sure that there's some settings in the streaming server
> that restricts streaming to people with the right referrer only.

Now we are talking..

On some cases I noticed this kind of behvior to protect MMS ussge of
embeded  object,

When you will mimic the browser (do all the steps it is annoying but worth
it) you might find that you get link in the form unique/onetime/token
parameter .
when you will write the perl/curl/what ever don't forget to test this.
some timed there is some sort of used link or ip + referrar test.

2) The protocol itself is not the standard MMS protocol. mplayer tries to
> use some kind of MMS handshake, while WMP is sending RTSP commands. I don't
> understand it, it seems to me that the MMS protocol is a propriety
> replacement to RTSP.
>
> It might be the last comment.
There is the third side plugging(e.g. Media Guard)  for authorization (hate
them), use perl mechanize to do the auth.

Are you sure that they are RTSP commands  ( look at the headers) ?

> If there's a video expert in the crowd, I can send him the pcap, I'll be
> glad for some help.
>
> the RTSP / MMS stream ? or the authorization ?

be aware that sending the pcap you might infringe TAU rights (who know ..)

However I believe that convincing mplayer to play the stream should not be