Mandriva - new distro update with mdkonline

mbrace7forums at aim.com mbrace7forums at aim.com
Sun Aug 8 19:26:45 IDT 2010

I'd be tempted to download the actual Mandriva One iso the live CD and go from there. But the snag to this is that you will wipe clean the Linux section of the HD and loose any specially installed programmes.

If you have PWP, then short of taking out a yearly subscription I do not know if Torrents exist. You might find one at http://isohunt.com who knows? That will let you upgrade a pwp. Flash anyway should work with either. I think that I've upgraded and found it does. I recently wiped out PWP and when it got to the section that says: You can go on line to get Upgrades it automatically downloaded and installed these upgrades.

What I do is have in another partition a folder called All Linux and store various .rpm files there, so if I have to format I don't loose anything. I have NVidia G500 and have 3D support. Flash - USB drives may be a headache. But I got around that by a few fixes and my flash key works. I unfortunately don't have enough knowledge on the free but you can use Easy Urpmi to get plf .rpm files to install other than Official Repository files.

There is also another repository available, and as soon as I find the link I will post it.
Moshe.