pwman3 to keepassx converter

Hetz Ben Hamo hetzbh at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 15:48:12 IDT 2010

Hi Amos,
The following solution might not be the easiest, but could work great.

1. Create a new DB on keepassX
2. put a signle new entery, fill all the details in that entry
3. Save DB, export it as XML
4. Create the same with pwman3, and export the db as XML.
5. Compare the 2 XML files so you can create any changes with a simple
script
6. Modify the pwman3 XML file according to your test and try to import it.
7. Pray :)

Hetz

2010/8/15 Amos Shapira <amos.shapira at gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a way to convert a few databases of pwman3 with a
> total of almost 200 passwords in them to import into KeePassX.
>
> I can export the data from pwman3 to its own XML format but didn't
> find a way to convert this to an XML which KeePassX accepts.
>
> All my desktops run Ubuntu 10.04, though I can have access to Windows
> Vista if there is a way to do it there.
>
> Does anyone know of tools to do that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Amos