You develop in Linux and are looking for work, and are requested to provide CV as a .doc file - what would you do?

Oleg Goldshmidt pub at goldshmidt.org
Sun Aug 15 23:52:51 IDT 2010

Omer Zak <w1 at zak.co.il> writes:

> Some of those companies (both placement and project subcontract work
> outfits) look for a Linux software developer AND expect you to E-mail
> them a MS-Word .doc file.

Don't argue, that will not earn you any points. Provide an HTML
version of the CV on a website and include a suggestion to open it in
Word and save it as a Word document, if the reader absoutely has
to. Include a warning that the result may not be as smooth as the
original.

I've had this suggestion on my website for years, I know some people
followed it.

Oleg Goldshmidt | pub at goldshmidt.org