You develop in Linux and are looking for work, and are requested to provide CV as a .doc file - what would you do?

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 10:34:09 IDT 2010

>From my experience with HR companies and looking for jobs, it is not true
that anything readable equals doc for them. Very often will the HR company
forward an "anonymized" version of the CV to the company, and only after the
company show the interest (and pay money?) will they give the remaining
details. And this anonymizing is done by editing the doc.

(Editing a PDF document is obviously something much more complex, though
inkscape does a great job of it these days.)

Regards,
Dov