You develop in Linux and are looking for work, and are requested to provide CV as a .doc file - what would you do?

Nadav Har'El nyh at math.technion.ac.il
Mon Aug 16 13:24:50 IDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010, Amos Shapira wrote about "Re: You develop in Linux and are looking for work, and are requested to provide CV as a .doc file - what would you do?":
> On 16 August 2010 17:41, Oleg Goldshmidt <pub at goldshmidt.org> wrote:
> > My CV is written in LaTeX as well. I convert it to HTML using
> > latex2html and do some relatively minor manual tweaks to the result. I
> > go through this effort specifically for people who do not have a PDF
> > reader.
>
> All this effort to prove that you don't succumb to the fluff of using
> an office suite?

Some of us have CVs that started before OpenOffice, nee Star Office, was
even conceived :-)

As they say, if it ain't broken, don't fix it...

--
Nadav Har'El                        |         Monday, Aug 16 2010, 6 Elul 5770