official way to load aoe module?

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 00:01:11 IDT 2010

2010/8/22 Etzion Bar-Noy <ezaton at tournament.org.il>

> Indeed.
> The easiest to implement, amongst the free clustered filesystems is OCFS2
> by Oracle. Two or three RPMs, a short configuration phase, and you're fine.

How is its performance?

GFS comes as part of RHEL/CentOS base, so nothing special needs to be done
to work with it.

We tested it on a Fiber-Channel  EMC SAN device, compared it to plain ext3
and xfs (yes we know that GFS is the only clustered one) and found that the
performance hit too high to ignore.

We ended up going back to ext3 and making sure only one guest mounts the
filesystem at a time (that's what we need for our application anyway).

--Amos