[Fwd: Re: Can there be an Ethernet Switch that doesn't work with Linux???]

Nadav Har'El nyh at math.technion.ac.il
Sun Aug 29 18:10:06 IDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010, Ehud Karni wrote about "Re: [Fwd: Re: Can there be an Ethernet Switch that doesn't work with ?Linux???]":
> BTW. Regarding DHCP, I moved it from the router to my Linux server
>      because I have more flexibility on the server.

At first, this is what I thought too - why do I need to buy a special
"router", when I can do everything - DHCP, NAT, firewalling, etc.,
myself on my Linux machine?

But at the end I bought a "router" because it's just so damn easy...
Not to mention that I also get a wireless access point and a switch (and
one that actually works ;-)) in the same package.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |        Sunday, Aug 29 2010, 19 Elul 5770