Web based file exchange portal

Dima (Dan) Yasny dyasny at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 12:16:12 IDT 2010

Hi all,

I am looking for an OSS solution to the following:
- Linux (RHEL based) frontend, running on Apache
- Windows backend and filer, with AD auth
- Users are able to upload/download files using a web interface (and
hopefully a windows/OSX/Linux client)
- File versioning is nice to have
- Quotas for users
- FTP access is also nice to have

The idea is to have a Linux server in DMZ for file exchange control of files
that are actually in a network that holds the windows infrastructure
I have checked iFolder (mostly Suse oriented, mono/dotnet based, so I
probably can't use it). SparkleShare is too raw for production.

Either way, I don't really need the dropbox-like functionality, just the
basic file upload/download and permission management, maybe someone can
advise on an appropriate piece of software I could use

Thanks
D.