com port list

ik idokan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 12:15:54 IDT 2010

You can use the sysfs for example. It's "actual" path inthe file system that
represent information about the system of Linux, so any real COM port will
have a directory with the device name and inside information about the port
itself.

I do not know regarding COM how it will look like, but for example for
ethernet it looks like this (just for the sake of understanding):
/sys/class/net/

For COM I guess it will be /sys/class/tty/ (Not sure tough, I do not have a
machine with COM at all to check it on).

Ido
http://ik.homelinux.org/