Magaia - new distro - Translators wanted!

Mordecha Behar mordecha.behar at mail.huji.ac.il
Thu Dec 2 17:37:32 IST 2010

Hi all.
As you may or may not know Mandriva recently forked. The new fork, Mageia,
got most of the devels and a large chunk of the community.
It looks like they are really getting this thing off the ground.
http://www.mageia.org/en/
I found Mandriva to be an excellent distribution, with a good balance
between functionality and ease of use. It's also a very good distro for
Linux beginners, since all of the system configuration is neatly packaged
into a single GUI'd application. From what I gather, Mageia will be more of
the same, perhaps even better, since it will really be the community
deciding things, not a board of directors.
In any case, I was wondering if people here are interested in making a
Hebrew translation for Mageia. I understand that there was a translation
team for Mandriva, but it fizzled and died. This is a good opportunity to
begin anew, and perhaps create a strong local Mageia community.
If you are interested, please sign up on the wiki.
http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=translators