Bezeq's Dropbox imitation

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 04:39:19 IST 2010

On 24 December 2010 11:14, shimi <linux-il at shimi.net> wrote:

> 2010/12/24 Amos Shapira <amos.shapira at gmail.com>
>>
>> On 19/12/2010 7:53 PM, "Daniel Feiglin" <dilogsys at inter.net.il> wrote:
>> > (officially) never heard of Linux.     Apart from the cost, there is the
>> > very important security attraction - the Bezeq servers for this are
>> > located in Israel.
>>
>> Ha! Read Hetz' blog post about what's stopping anyone on the street from
>> accessing servers hosted in their "server farm" (short summary: nothing)
>>
> Just that Hetz is talking about Bezeq International's farm (Petach Tikva)
>
> ... while Bezeq is a different company, which has a state of the art
> facility, located in Jaffa [1].
> [1] http://www.bezeq.co.il/Business/Data/datacenter/Pages/datacenter.aspx

Thanks for the update.

I still don't see what in that flashy web site (please excuse the pun)
promises that nobody but authorised personnel will gain access to your
servers. E.g. See SAS-70 requirements for data centre access control:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAS_70 or maybe better:
http://sas70.com/sas70_overview.html

The point that I took from Hetz' blog, and I'm saying too, is that the
organisation can hand wave as much as it like about "secure
facilities" but if there are no repercussions for its employees
failing to follow security procedures (like it losing its SAS-70
certification) then it's meaningless.

--Amos