cgi-script shell script wrapping question

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 20:26:22 IST 2010

Thanks for the help! Based on it I tried running the command with python as
follows:

import subprocess

pipe = subprocess.Popen("do_slow_command 2>&1",
         bufsize=1,
         stdout=subprocess.PIPE,
         stdin=subprocess.PIPE,
         shell=True)

for p in pipe.stdout.readlines():
    print p,"<br>\n"

According to the subprocess documentation, this is supposed to set up line
by line mode. But I still get things buffered up. But perhaps that is
because I did not tell "do_slow_command" to flush after print command, and
it senses that it is not being run under a terminal? I'll try that.

Dov