New Document: "How to Start Contributing to or Using Open Source Software"

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 01:04:20 IST 2010

2010/12/28 Amit Elbaz <orentet at gmail.com>:
> great document overall. good job.

I agree, nice work Shlomi. I see that you gave all the Linux distros a
fair shot, even mentioning Ubuntu before Mandriva! Are you sure that
you wrote this?!?

I'm not convinced that the "sainthood" part is relevant. It just makes
things look more complicated than it has to be, and it adds no value.
Other than that, it is a terrific piece. In fact, I just registered at
openhatch.org and am looking for a C++ mentor to help me contribute to
KDE. Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il