My end to ISP fustration: openvpn with a VPS

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sat Feb 6 00:00:06 IST 2010

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 10:17:26PM +0200, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Hi Gadi,
> I don't know from which company you took the VPS, but you really want to
> make sure it's not sitting under something like OpenVZ which could make your
> VPS sometimes unusable if your "neighbor" in that machine is hitting his VPS
> with huge CPU load.

With OpenVZ you'll probably have a problem setting up extra network
interfaces for the tunnels. If you need a VM to be used as a "VPN
server", you should probably go with Xen (or KVM).

This host is a 20$/month account, and is certainly not the cheapest. It
also doubles as my OpenVPN server.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir at jabber.org | VIM is
tzafrir at cohens.org.il |                    |  best