Titen Lev Distro - Anybody installed it?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 17:46:41 IST 2010

I am closing down for Shabbat, I will be back on Sunday. Until then:

> While working in Affordy I tried to find ways of fixing this bug, that
> does require deep knowledge of x11 (beyond my abilities).
> Shachar Shemesh's company, who is the filer of the bug and the head in
> Linugnu, said it would be possible to fix it, but the price would be
> around tens of thousands of shekels.

How many tens?

> I thought I might get ISOC to fix it in "kol kore"l;

What exactly is Kol Kore?

> plus they worked
> with Shachar/Lingnu (also the sum of money is around the same range).
> However ISOC seemed not too interested to do this. I spoke to Yesha who
> is in charge of this in ISOC. He simply confirmed he heard of it and the
> problem is: "its not internet related so they can't justify it".

Assuming that Kol Kore is for internet-related problems only, then he
is correct. Maybe there are other bodies who could handle this. What
bodies would that be? I will gladly contact them to ask. They don't
even have to be government bodies. How about the Hebrew Academy (this
is promoting Hebrew support), international Jewish organizations, or
FLOSS organizations?

> However it seems to me ISOC in "kol kore" have supported other unrelated
> things.

Such as? Please be specific.

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.