OT: gmail replacement (or: gmail pissed me off)

Hetz Ben Hamo hetzbh at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 09:45:08 IST 2010

Hi,
Before you jump, you might to read this:
http://techcrunch.com/2010/02/13/google-buzz-privacy-update/
I'm not trying to convince you to stay with gmail, but every free mail
service has it's price. They (Google) did stupid mistakes regarding privacy
etc but as you can see, they try to fix it.

Hetz

2010/2/14 Erez D <erez0001 at gmail.com>

> hello
>
> few days ago, i was shocked that google added a "service" called buzz, in
> which every one on my mailing list can see any other on my mailing list.
> google didn't even asked me before doing so.
>
> and clicking on "disable-buzz" only hide buzz from you, and does not
> disable the privacy breach. one needs to block the "followers" on by one.
>
> as this is the second security breach from gmail after it introduced
> google-talk, and by default, everyone on my mailing list could know if i am
> online or not,
> i decided to look for a better mail solution.
>

> I know that the one of the best solution (in the privacy aspect) would be
> to have my own mail server. but practically speaking, it is not such a good
> idea regarding backup, and internet security ...
>
> so i am looking for somthing in the middle.
>

> thanks,
> erez.

my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org
Skype: heunique