Is it so? [was: Re: AFAK, NV phone over internet technology is well established and reliable]

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 20:40:50 IST 2010

On 17 February 2010 19:46, Yedidyah Bar-David
<linux-il at didi.bardavid.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 07:36:28PM +0200, anonymous anonymous wrote:
>>

>> On Feb 17, 2010, at 5:16 PM, Valery Reznic wrote:
>>
>> > Hi, list
>> >
>> > Recently Netvision representative contacted me and offered to use
>> > Netvision instead of Bezek as my "phone provider"
>> >
>> > Do you have any experience with them ?
>>
>> No experience with NV. As far as I know, they are using a well
>> established and reliable, phone over internet, technology.
>
> You know, Mr anonymous anonymous, the fact that your email was sent from
> the IP address 89.138.12.205, which according to the RIPE whois Database
> is registered for Netvision, does not add much to the credibility of
> your post.

I have _bad_ experience with Netvision in the last year, bad enough to
ruin the good name that they took eight years to build. Just one year
ago it would have _only_ been Netvision, but in the past year it's
changed to _anything_but_ Netvision.

That said, if they are using the same psuedo-VOIP technology that HOT
had, then it is really good. Fax works, and the sound quality is
excellent. However, uptime at HOT was terrible, though I suspect that
this was more of HOT's incompetence rather than a shortcoming of the
technology.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.